[Qgis-developer] [Server] performance questions

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:22:15 PST 2016

regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr>:

> Neumann, Andreas wrote
> > did you switch of QGIS server python plugins? If you don't need them, I
> > recommend you switch them off - both for security reasons, but also
> > there was a huge performance problem with QGIS server Python plugins
> > just recently. See http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13919 - luckily this was
> > fixed just recently. Depending on the version you use, this may have a
> > negative impact on your installation.
>
> We did not activate explicitly server plugins yet. we have no
> QGIS_PLUGINPATH variable set, is that enough to deactivate server plugins?
> Régis

Yes, but Andreas probably meant that plugin support is still compiled into
the server.

Still, we never measured any noticeable performance issue with plugins
enabled (as long as thre aren't any of course, otherwise it will obviously
depend on what the plugins do).

There was indeed a performance issue with the new access control
implementation (now hopefullt fixed) but IIRC it's still only in master, to
be release soon.

Also, we aren't aware of any security issue, if you (Andreas) know about
any security issue I would definitely like to know more about that.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it