[Qgis-developer] 2.5d - a couple of suggestions

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Feb 25 14:00:40 PST 2016

Hi Tom,

On 02/25/2016 05:53 PM, Tom Chadwin wrote:
> Tried the 2.5d renderer for the first time - terrific work.
>
> I have one suggestion, and one question. Suggestion: allow users to specify
> the sun position, so that the walls shaded according to aspect are
> consistent with eg aerial photography layers.

You can transform the renderer to a default style. Then have a look at
the expression defining the wall color, it defines the lightness of the
wall based on the aspect of the wall. If you provide me with a good
variable to introduce there, I'll happily add it as a configuration option.

> Question: I created the simple 2.5d style with different roof colour, and
> then apply a categorized renderer. The roof colour is then lost, as far as I
> can make out. Is there a way to preserve it?
First transform it to a standard renderer, lock the roof color and then
transform it to a categorized one in a second step. I think that should
work.

Matthias