[Qgis-developer] 2.5d - a couple of suggestions

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Feb 26 04:19:07 PST 2016

On 02/26/2016 11:50 AM, Tom Chadwin wrote:
>> If you provide me with a good variable
> I'm not sure my trigonometry is up to it, but I'll have a look.
>
>> lock the roof color
> Yes, that works - apologies for the noise.
>
> Some other questions/observations on the 2.5d renderer (let me know if this
> is an inappropriate place to discuss this):
>
> 1. There is an "Angle" field. I misinterpreted what this did. It seems to
> alter the angle of verticals. Is this useful? I thought it would change the
> angle by which the camera is raised above ground level.
Same for the height attribute. If you improve your trigonometry skills
when checking for the sun-position variable you can also add have a look
at this ;)
> 2. Rotating the map rotates the 2.5d render. To me, that's not expected, and
> the render should be reapplied after the map rotation has taken place.
That would require the map rotation to be available as expression
variable (not sure if it is). Compensating for it with this variable
shouldn't be hard.

> 3. OTF reprojection seems to break the renderer, to my eyes.

Can you file an issue?

Matthias