[Qgis-developer] Geometry Checker contra Topology Checker

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:25:40 PST 2016

On 14.01.2016 13:48, Luigi Pirelli wrote:
> Hi
>
> today someone asked me where to invest public development funds
> enhancing some topology check instruments (not necessarily QGIS)
>
> they have the doubt about if was better invest in Topology Checher or
> Geometry Checker (or something else)
>
> would make sense to invest merging the two plugins, new geometry
> engine for Geometry Checker with the UI and use cases of the Topology
> Checker?
So from a geometry checker point of view, the big thing it misses
compared to the topology checker plugin is support for checking multiple
layers at once.

The UI at the moment is indeed one big block, but the code underneath is
very modular, and it is pretty easy to make a more "test-set" oriented UI.

Just my two cents

Sandro