[Qgis-developer] 12 output field types in Field calculator

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Jan 16 08:21:20 PST 2016

On 16-01-16 16:10, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Sat, 16. Jan 2016 at 15:40:49 +0100, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>> Is there a special reason to do this like this?
>
> Yes, the drop down is filled from the datatypes the data provider lists as
> native types (see QgsVectorDataProvider::nativeTypes) and will support
> when creating attributes (see QgsVectorDataProvider::addAttributes).

Good. But why when working with a memory layer I would see 12 output
types? And part of them doublures (I think...):
Decimal number (real) is show twice
Text (string) vs Text, unlimited length (text)
seem double?

Would it be an idea to only show the types that dat provider type has?
/me looking....

Ah wait..: it is only the Memory Layer that shows 12 types...
If I open a shape file, it shows me the old 4 types...
Postgis shows 11 types

Ok, then I rest my case: we show only the types that are available in
the dataprovider being used... nice!

Only issue I see then is the fields of the memory layers where there are
two decimal and text strings which appear (to me) to be the same?

Thanks for clarifying!!

Regards,

Richard