[Qgis-developer] Help us plan for QGIS 3.0

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Jan 17 22:55:51 PST 2016

Hi Tim,

Thank you for this blog post with the summary - It will help to move
forward with this topic.

Pending any other/better proposals I am also in favour of
Matthias/Nyalls proposal with the intermediate 2.16 release and then
moving on/concentrating on 3.0 - with potentially a 8 month release cycle.

Of course it would have been better to start with 3.0 immediately after
a LT release - but that opportunity has gone - as we did not
prepare/announce it properly and well in advance.

Andreas