[Qgis-developer] Help us plan for QGIS 3.0

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Tue Jan 19 11:54:39 PST 2016

Paolo Cavallini wrote
> Il 19/01/2016 14:12, Neumann, Andreas ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> QGIS is now used by a lot of professional users worldwide. A lot of them
>> Hugos suggestion to have 2.16 as the LT release instead of 2.14 would
>> also be fine and acceptable for me. Moving to 3.0 immediately would not
>> work well for us.
>
> Thanks Andreas, sounds reasonable to me.
> It would be useful to know what are the improvements planned for 2.16:
> could devs and customers share this with us?
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

hey, we have a QEP process running around labeling / callout lines / saving
ressources with qgs / porting easycustom labeling and mask plugin to core
equivalent.

We can target 3.0, there is no hurry, as no coding work has been done yet.
By the way, I would be pleased that we can achieve a vote on those QEP's so
that I can plan future contracts and QGIS community can take that into
account. Hugo, any opinion from your point of view?
All the best
Régis