[Qgis-developer] mirroring ubuntugis repo

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jan 22 09:58:18 PST 2016

On 22-01-16 11:09, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are trying to mirror the ubuntugis repository so users can install
> and update from this (inhouse) mirror.
> However trying to mirror with "debmirror" a 403 error is returned.
> Further analysis revealed that "CloudFlare" at qgis.org refuses
> debmirror's user agent.
>
> Question 1: bug or feature?
> Question 2: if feature how can we convince debmirror to mirror the repo?

Hi Bernhard,

I enabled cloudflare recently to speed up docs.qgis.org and qgis.org
sites. I understand that CF is sometimes pickey with things...

We can 'circumvent' (that is in the Cloudflare interface I can tell to
not use cloudflare) them if we use a hostnames for purposes as this.

So ubuntu.qgis.org now is pointing to the same host as qgis.org, BUT
without going via cloudflare.... I think.

Can you please test and let me know if it works like this?

Then we can maybe best fix url's on download page too (plz do or remind
me if your test was successfull...)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde