[Qgis-developer] Processing provider versions and hard coded path in settings

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Jan 25 06:56:04 PST 2016

Hi Victor and Alex,

Thanks for your detailed replies!
That is nice, I was not aware that the paths are "auto-detected".
I now removed the respective settings from my QGIS.ini and GRASS 6 got detected properly.

However, when I tried GRASS 7 algorithms, I got a Python error:

TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\stefan.blumentrath\.qgis-custom/python/plugins\processing\gui\ProcessingToolbox.py", line 192, in executeAlgorithm
    message = alg.checkBeforeOpeningParametersDialog()
  File "C:\Users\stefan.blumentrath\.qgis-custom/python/plugins\processing\algs\grass7\Grass7Algorithm.py", line 531, in checkBeforeOpeningParametersDialog
    msg = Grass7Utils.checkGrass7IsInstalled()
  File "C:\Users\stefan.blumentrath\.qgis-custom/python/plugins\processing\algs\grass7\Grass7Utils.py", line 359, in checkGrass7IsInstalled
    cmdpath = os.path.join(path, 'bin', 'r.out.gdal.exe')
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\lib\ntpath.py", line 96, in join
    assert len(path) > 0
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

Python version: 2.7.4 (default, Apr  6 2013, 19:54:46) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
QGIS version: 2.12.3-Lyon Lyon, 02885d5

So, I had a look at Grass7Utils.py and filed PR #2720.
Sorry for the conflicts in the PR (I just changed two lines). I am a git-beginner...
That should make path detection work for GRASS 7 again.
Yet, folder layout is OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.0.3RC2. But in OSGeo4W\apps\grass\, there can be also a grass-7.0.2 folder present in addition...

Cheers
Stefan