[Qgis-developer] Adding new provider for QGIS

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:24:41 PST 2016

On 26 Jan 2016 07:57, "David Adler" <dadler at adtechgeospatial.com> wrote:

> We would like to add a DB2 provider to QGIS so that QGIS users can access
spatial tables on DB2 for LUW and DB2 for z/OS.

> We have implemented and tested much of this based on an existing database
provider.

> What is the mechanism to have this reviewed and approved?

Open a pull request on github, and let the automated CI run its checks over
the code.

Tips to get things reviewed/merged faster:
- Make sure all your API additions are correctly documented
- Include unit tests. At a minimum a new vector provider needs a test which
inherits from ProviderTestCase. See tests/src/python/test_provider_mssql.py
for an example. This ensures that the provider behaves consistently with
what QGIS expects from a vector data provider.

Nyall