[Qgis-developer] WKB support is only little-endian?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jan 26 14:57:31 PST 2016

Le mardi 26 janvier 2016 23:11:28, David Adler a écrit :
> We just realized that DB2 on z/OS uses big-endian, first byte = x'00'.
>
> This doesn't appear to work with the QgsGeometry->fromWkb() function.

Looking quickly it seems that indeed QgsGeometryFactory::geomFromWkb() assumes
host ordering, but the QgsConstWkbPtr class used by the various
Qgs{Geometry]v2::fromWkb() methods seem to support byte swapping when WKB
endianness != host endianness. So you might just need to fix
QgsGeometryFactory::geomFromWkb() to make that work.

http://www.spatialys.com