[Qgis-developer] Problem editing geometries with no-owner user in Oracle spatial 11g via QGIS

eglatorre eglatorre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 02:26:13 PDT 2016

Médéric Ribreux-2 wrote
> you need to grant update,delete and insert for the other user on the
> tables .

Done

Médéric Ribreux-2 wrote
> You probably want to add read/write rights to index tables too (MDRT_*).

This was not enough... at least in our case.

The solution came from granting rights specifically to the geometry column
("GEOM") with:
GRANT UPDATE ("GEOM") ON "MYSCHEMA"."MYTABLE" TO "OTHERSCHEMA_USER";

It seems that other software like MapInfo and MicroStation would not check
for rights on the geometry column since editing geometries in the Oracle
database worked withouth this right being set.

Thanks a lot Médéric!!