[Qgis-developer] Visual changelog and animated gifs

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jul 6 02:16:18 PDT 2016

Hi,

There are now more animated gifs in the visual changelog
(http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/2.16.0/). While I agree that
the animations are quite useful, I think they should only start playing
if the user klicks on it or hovers the mouse over it. Otherwise it looks
really horrible if there are too many animations going on on the same
page.

There are javascript libraries available for this, e.g. freezeframe:
https://github.com/ctrl-freaks/freezeframe.js/

I know, it is not super urgent, but it would greatly enhance usability -
maybe for 3.0.

Webpages with too many animations let me freak out. It distracts from
the content the user is focusing on.

Any other opinions on this?

Thanks and greetings,

Andreas