[Qgis-developer] morph delimited-text-provider to generic table-provider?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jul 10 05:16:46 PDT 2016

@paolo: which plugin are you thinking of?
Because for exampe xytools can open odt and excel, but via python, while
the idea here is to be able to load whatever (table) format ogr is able
to load. And not only given and x,y field but also a column containing
wkt polygons (as the csv-provider does that already)...
This would for example also work for a dbf containg x,y values

@mattias: mm, if I load a strict csv table (be it csv or excel),
containing an x and y column, according to this blogpost:
http://www.opengis.ch/2015/12/10/geometry-generator-symbology/
I should be able to select a geometry generator in styles.. but with a
table the styles is ... empty :-(

Tried to make a geometry using vectorcalc, but it will not 'morph' the
layer from a table (icon) in a geometry/point icon and the points (I
tried: make_point)

I am aware that this is probably readonly, but that is ok I think.

Regards,

Richard