[Qgis-developer] morph delimited-text-provider to generic table-provider?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jul 11 02:32:53 PDT 2016

Hi,

There are probably two different issues/use cases here:

1. Enabling geometries for already loaded layers (what Richard and
Raymond initially suggested)

option to define geometry columns. Ideally this could all be done in one
step - without having to first load the layer geometryless and then
having to do option 1) above as a separate step.

The UI implications are different for the two cases. 2) should go
directly into the OGR loading dialogue, 1) perhaps in the layer
properties or maybe in addition in the attribute table.

Andreas