[Qgis-developer] QGIS Hackfest in Bonn

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Mon Jul 11 19:01:29 PDT 2016

Dear QGIS Lovers

Bonn is drawing close and we need to start getting organised for the hackfest.

Paolo has been petitioning to shut down the current wiki in anticipation of a future migration off Redmine and because the content there is not maintained. Thus for this hackfest I have started the wiki page on the QGIS GitHub wiki here:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/QGIS-Hackfest---Bonn---August-2016

It is just a stub at the moment - I hope collaboratively we can get things organised. We really need a local organiser who can make sure everything is in place - are there any volunteers out there?

If you are not able to write to the wiki page, please contact me with your github name and I will see to it that you have the needed permissions.

Note that there are two FOSS4G2016 conference hacking sprints during Bonn - our plan was to make the first (Aug 21-23 2016) the 'official' QGIS one and if others wish to hack during the weekend after FOSS4G, you are welcome to do so.

@Astrid could you give us some help in terms of accommodation and hacking venue? I believe the camper van place is already full - can you recommend some other nearby and cheap places to stay?

Regards

Tim

---