[Qgis-developer] Release naming and path problems

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Mon Jul 18 03:41:35 PDT 2016

> The second version of the installer now uses the version number in the path.

I'd suggest paths using version numbers is a better idea anyway and should be the default.
As well as avoiding these sorts of problems, they're also more understandable to users - is "Essen" newer of older than "Brighton"? What version was "Lyon"? I honestly have no idea the answers to any of those questions, but scattered around my machines I have versions of all of those. Version numbers are easy to compare though.

Cheers,
Jonathan