[Qgis-developer] Managing a future 2.18 or 3.0 documentation?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jul 20 00:04:58 PDT 2016

Hi Harrissou,

I would say 99% of the new features in the 2.x branch should also land
in the 3.x branch - otherwise it would be a waste ... in the opposite
direction it will be less, since new features that depend on an API
break can't be present in the 2.x. branch.

It is also very likely that a 2.18 release will happen - we are still
waiting for Jürgens DXF/DWG import, which should land in 2.18 and 3.x

If there will be a 2.18 documentation? This question I can't answer. If
2.18 is really the latest 2.x version (noone really knows exactly until
we have proper progress in the 3.x branch) it would make sense to have
documentation and also treat it as a LT version with extended bug
fixing. That's just my personal opinion and may not be the position of
PSC or other project members.

Thanks and greetings,

Andreas