[Qgis-developer] Al

regis regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 04:56:34 PDT 2016

Hi Andreas and all,
Being the funder for a few QEP's, here is the really last status from
the ex-funder point of view.
Le lundi 25 juillet 2016 à 11:17 +0200, Neumann, Andreas a écrit :
> Hi all, Hi Nathan, [..]I am looking at the QEPs from time to time
> that and I think it needs a little attention. Quite a few proposals
> would be ready to make a decision. Some QEPs are ready but lack
> funding. Perhaps we can introduce a new label stating "Needs funds"
> or something similar? It
>https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/49 (Label
> mask) - would be ready to implement, but lacks funding (add the new
> "Needs funds" label?)
This needs fundings for sure ,  we lowered priority since mask plugin
does the job by now and we needed to focus on auxiliary storage, label
connnectors and curved label improvents.

>https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/46 (Labling path) - > would be ready to implement, but lacks funding (add the new "Needs funds" > label> ?)
That feature deserves love too, so that QGIS can be the total
cartographic tool, allowing to have curved labels even for points and
polygons. Same as label mask, we needed to achieve QEP 20 and 28 before
funding that, and money is missing.

> It would be good, if we, as the project would take the QEPs a bit more seriously and maintain them accordingly. Seems like some devs do, some don't. Any comments?
>
> Thanks and greetings,
>
> Andreas
The "needs funding" that is a great idea, +1.
Cheers
Régis

Qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org