[Qgis-developer] [idea] add micro-crowdfund platform to projecta/osgeo

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Jul 26 01:17:30 PDT 2016

After seeing Nyall cloudfunding campaign and finding out the minimal is
200 dollar when I wanted to do a small donation for fun, I thought that
it would be cool if we as QGIS or OSGEO would have our own micro
crowdfunding platform...

The idea is to make it easier for (core)-developers to launch such a
campaign..

First thing I thought is to make it part of 'projecta', maybe only
working with paypal or so?

But then I thought it would also be a benefit for OSGEO/other projects
and googled this list [0] of software to use. This [1] is even already a
django one...

I was thinking also about the 'tagged/labeled'-donations of Ubuntu,
where IF you do a (small) donation you can 'label' it to a certain
'piece of work'.... thinking about this... probably to much fuss/work to
administrate this...

Just wanted to share this, but as always: just do it :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0] http://seedingfactory.com/index.html%3Fp=634.html
[1] https://github.com/freedomsponsors/www.freedomsponsors.org