[Qgis-developer] symbology dialog missing icon resources when called from python script

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 03:04:55 PDT 2016

I'm trying to run the Qgis symbology dialog from a standalone python
script, and there's some error messages about icons and the icons
under the symbol layer list are blank.

I can't find any difference between the various search paths in QGIS
(where it works fine) and my script.

Full details and test script are on gis.stackexchange:

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/203663/missing-qgis-icon-resources-for-symbology-dialog

I'm guessing that a crucial bit of initialisation for the dialog has
gone missing, and the resources aren't being loaded. I can't actually
work out where the resources are coming from either, I guess its all
compiled into a resources.py file at build time...

Any responses to the question on gis.stackexchange would be appreciated thanks!

Barry