[Qgis-developer] Managing a future 2.18 or 3.0 documentation?

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 03:21:18 PDT 2016

Yves, with the API break due to 3.x releases, there are now two branches in
qgis/QGIS repository:
- master for 3.0 commits
- and master_2 for 2.18 commits (where there's no API break)
As already mentioned earlier in this thread, all fixes or new features in
master_2 are also present in master.

Then, with the automatic creation of issues in QGIS-Documentation repo, we
can get features from master as well as master_2 (examples in my latest
message). By default, they are labeled 3.0. All we need to do is (re)label
some of them according to the branch they belong to in QGIS repo (master
--> 3.0, master_2 --> 2.18).
For the doc writing, I think that as usual, we'll be tackling 2.16 issues
for the moment (as it's the released version) in doc master branch. One
release at a moment. The other releases are not concerned for the moment.