[Qgis-developer] About feature simplification rendering

A Huarte ahuarte47 at yahoo.es
Fri Jun 3 03:28:18 PDT 2016

Hi, a few days ago a related pull was merged:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/2900

As Nathan said, the simplification only runs in rendering tasks, but before this pull, the original geometry readed from a data source could be simplified when the "simplify" flag is defined in the QgsFeatureRequest used by a FeatureIterator.
Now the geometries never are simplified, the simplification runs using its WKB representation just before it is drawn.
Alvaro