[Qgis-developer] QGIS on Mac with Qt5, PyQt5 and Py3

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:24:35 PDT 2016

On 4 Jun 2016 09:17, "Larry Shaffer" <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:

> Hi Nyall,
>
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 10:58 PM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> On 4 Jun 2016 6:52 AM, "Larry Shaffer" <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Just a quick note... Continuing work I started at the hackfest in
Girona, I have successfully built and run QGIS on Mac off of Homebrew
dependencies of pyqt, sip, qwt, qwtpolar, qscintilla2 and qca specifically
configured for Qt 5 and Python 3.

>> > http://drive.dakotacarto.com/qgis/qgis-qt5-pyqt5-py3.png
>> >
>> > This means I am now capable of running installs of qgis2-ltr, qgis2
and qgis3 (when branched) off of the *same* /usr/local install of Homebrew.
This also means, after some further work, we will be able to upgrade the
Mac Travis CI setup for testing both Qt4/PyQt4/Py2 and Qt5/PyQt5/Py3, as is
currently available for Linux.

>> > While it is possible to do this using multiple isolated Homebrew
installs, that requires almost all dependencies in the non-/usr/local
directory to be compiled, instead of using the prebuilt binaries (aka
'bottles') available from Homebrew.

>> > Fully bundled test apps are at least a month away.
>> >
>> > I have a PR and more Homebrew editing to do (will post more to this
thread later), but just wanted everyone to know it is at least compiling
and launching on Mac!

>> That's great news Larry - nice work!
>>
>> I'm curious: how does the test suite look on these qt5 Mac builds?
What's failing?

> See:
> http://dash.orfeo-toolbox.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=231771
>
> Not entirely sure I have the test environ set up correctly, but
>   79% tests passed, 48 tests failed out of 231
> isn't so bad as a starting point (I think...).
>
> The following timed out:
> PyQgsComposerHtml Failed  25m 30ms Completed (Timeout)
>
> Most render test comparisons are close, excepting
>
> qgis_composerlabeltest
> http://dash.orfeo-toolbox.org/testDetails.php?test=41851057&build=231771
> qgis_gradienttest
> http://dash.orfeo-toolbox.org/testDetails.php?test=41851093&build=231771
> qgis_composerpicturetest
> http://dash.orfeo-toolbox.org/testDetails.php?test=41851065&build=231771
>
> Also, about 50% of the Python test errors might be remedied with updating
to Py3 or some trivial module finding fixes.

I suspect you're building with deprecated code enabled. Can you change the
cmake option (I think it's "with_deprecated") and rebuild/retest?

Nyall