[Qgis-developer] QGIS/Linux on high-resolution displays

Eric Goddard egoddard1010 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:19:53 PDT 2016

Hi Barry,

I also have the developer edition of the XPS 13. I've replaced ubuntu
14.04 with Fedora 23, but I think changing the following settings
should work for you too. Change the Style, Icon size, and Font sizes
in QGIS under Settings -> Options.

Changing the Style from GTK+ to Adwaita fixed some of the issues with
drop-downs, buttons, and cell sizes in the attribute table cutting off
the text. You may not have that problem though; I can't remember if
that issue came before or after the switch to Fedora/Gnome 3.

Changing the font size to 11 and the icon size to 48 works for me and
feels pretty 'standard'. Since making those changes QGIS is working
wonderfully on the XPS 13.

Hope that helps!
Eric