[Qgis-developer] Print layout: canvas extent not updated

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 10:34:19 PDT 2016

Hi,
> Of course the user can
> always click to set the extent, but IMHO the correct behaviour is to
> update it automatically when the layout is opened.

You mean the first time the print layout is opened (created). If so, yes
this is the way it used to work (and I think it still does): at the
creation the map extent is picked from the canvas.
But imo there's no reason to have the composer map item extent synced with
map canvas each time it's opened.