[Qgis-developer] Possible QGIS D3 Data Analysis Plugin

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:10:58 PDT 2016

Hi Calvin

I did a plugin integrating a D3.js Sunburst Diagram in a plugin to
allow interactive editing of a distribution/configuration file

you can find tech references in the presentation I'll give next week
in the Portuguese QGIS User Conference... it's still in draft state,
btw some information you need are available there or linked in a
previous plugin.

http://slides.com/luigipirelli/qtraffic#/

generally speaking, regarding interfacing D3 in a QWebView the main
work is to undestanding how to organize data to be used by the D3
specific graphic visualization. QTraffic plugin is more complex
because there is also a 2way management of the the modification events
that are propagated from the webview to the python plugin and then to
the configuration file.... and viceversa. In case of "static"
visualization, that means dynamic but only in the webview, the
complexity is reduced to push data and organize them to a static html
template page.

regards
Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-qgis