[Qgis-developer] Future of OpenLayers plugin - time to deprecate?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jun 15 00:21:51 PDT 2016

Il 15/06/2016 02:43, Mathieu Pellerin ha scritto:
> +1 too, for removing openlayers and looking into putting efforts to come
> up with a native TMS driver.
>
> Suggestion: instead of just removing openlayers from the plugin
> repository, could we work with the author (if he's reachable and
> willing) for him to publish a new plugin update stating that a/ the
> plugin is discontinued, and b/ users should migrate to quickservicemap?

Hi all,
there is an additional problem: IANAL, but AFAIK the OL plugin does not
break licence from service providers, wherear QMS plugin does. So, it is
not a simple drop-in replacement.
Integrating a native TMS driver in QGIS (generally the best option) may
make things worse.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu