[Qgis-developer] Future of OpenLayers plugin - time to deprecate?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jun 15 22:48:33 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Il 16/06/2016 00:06, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> I’m wondering what the first storm was? The OpenLayers Plugin is a great
> tool for QGIS and I agree we could have approached this discussion more
> sensitively - e.g. by first approaching you and Maxim and other devs
> building similar tools to look for a way to reduce duplication of effort
> and solve the issues that users experience with printing etc. So please
> do accept our apologies.

I join Tim in apologizing. I'm pretty sure nobody had intention to
diminute Pirmin contribution to QGIS, and the plugin itself, just
motivated by the desire to improve the current situation for our users.

> But yes, I agree with you that having plugins which do illegal things in
> our repo is not good. Admittedly QuickMapServices does not ship with the
> potentially illegal services out of the box, but it does make it very
> easy to add them. @Paolo it would probably be good to add a clause to
> the plugin upload policy page indicating that plugins should not do
> illegal things (though this itself is subject to regional interpretation).

Done: http://plugins.qgis.org/
Please see if it can be improved.
Thanks for the suggestion.
All the best.