[Qgis-developer] Boundlessgeo QGIS

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 04:58:06 PDT 2016

Oh, gosh sorry, didn't know how to call them to distinguish clearly,
forgive me! And as Andreas said, my personal feeling is that something
"Community" has no less value than anything else, on the contrary I value
it more because it comes from a community instead of an individual or a
company.

Please tell me how should we name the QGIS offical/community/whatever to
avoid confusion when we have to name two different versions on the same
sentence.

"official" is better than "community" ?

What is the preferred way?

"Official" on the contrary sounds a lot like bureocracy to me.

> Hi,
>
> I agree with Jürgen and Matthieu - "community version" has kind of a
> negative touch. Although the original replier (Alessandro) probably did not
> intend/imply this.
>
> The official version from QGIS.ORG shouldn't be called "community
> version" - it is the "offical version".
>
> Andreas
>
> On 19.06.2016 12:26, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
>
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> On Sun, 19. Jun 2016 at 15:57:05 +0700, Mathieu Pellerin wrote:
>
> Im not a huge fan of the "community version" terminology.
>
> Same here - where "community version" is used it's often describes a crippled
> version that is missing some functionality.
>

> Jürgen
>
> [5 (in words: five) "signatures" trimmed]

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it