[Qgis-developer] Boundlessgeo QGIS

Pieter du Plooy pjduplooy at zpanelcp.com
Mon Jun 20 00:24:15 PDT 2016

apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> "official" is better than "community" ?
>>>
>>> What is the preferred way?
>>>
>>> "Official" on the contrary sounds a lot like bureocracy to me.
>>

>> I think "just" QGIS. The other versions dhould be referred as boundless
QGIS, xyz QGIS, etc.

>> Ciao
>

> --
> Paolo Cavallini
> www.faunalia.eu <http://www.faunalia.eu>

Hi guys. Sorry for the stir here. Was not my intention.

My request was due to the fact that I was tasked to investigate various
support options for both QGIS and PostgreSQL that might be used as part of
a future project.

My organization is a governmental one and it frowns a bit on the use of OS
software and require support contracts in order to manage the project
effectively.

The other factor is form fit and function of OS over Mac and Windows
platforms so that the user has one baseline application with same major and
minor version numbers. Thats why I was looking specifically at the
Boundless version of QGIS.

It was a long shot to assume anyone was in contact with the Boundless guys
but I was desperate for an answer.

Sorry again for the stirring...

Please accept my apology.

Regards.