[Qgis-developer] QtWebKit no longer deprecated!

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Jun 20 04:29:40 PDT 2016

On 06/20/2016 12:04 PM, Bas Couwenberg wrote:
> On 2016-06-20 11:56, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
>> On 06/20/2016 06:44 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> Distros have not adopted this yet, beware of premature celebration.
>>
>> Did Debian also remove the Qt5 version of QtWebKit now?
>
> No, WebKit support was only removed from the python-qt4

The announcement cited above concerns only Qt5 and is mainly important
for the mid- to long-term strategy concerning embedded web views.

I'm glad to hear that we can assume that plugins using webkit code will
not have to be rewritten and we also don't have to update code in core
for a different backend.

Regards
Matthias