[Qgis-developer] MapInfo edition in QGIS

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jun 21 03:14:54 PDT 2016

Le mardi 21 juin 2016 11:58:53, DelazJ a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> If I recall correctly, with GDAL2 in OSGeo4w, Windows users have now the
> capabilities to edit Map Info files.
>
> Is this available for other platforms, too? I often read "GDAL is in
> Osgeo4w" and not "GDAL2 is in QGIS", reason why I'm asking....
> I mean, if documenting map info files edit, should it be indicated that it
> currently concerns only Windows users?

That depends on the distribution and repository used. For example, on Ubuntu
16.04 if using ubuntugis-unstable PPA, you get QGIS 2.14.1 + GDAL 2.1.0.

Safest answer: people have to check in the About dialog: if it indicates GDAL
2.0 or later, then they have .tab edition capabilities.

http://www.spatialys.com