[Qgis-developer] geometry().geometry() not stable ?

Gusthiot Christophe Christophe.Gusthiot at lausanne.ch
Mon Jun 27 06:17:26 PDT 2016

Hello,
I'm working on a Python plugin with 3D features. But I have some issues with the available methods.

What I'm doing :

- layer->startEditing, to set the layer editable if it's not yet the case (asking the user to do it)
- feature->geometry->geometry, to have the 3D geometry for my feature
- then I manipulate the geometry
- layer->changeGeometry, to update the geometry of my feature
Until the, It works fine...
- I keep my layer editable, and try to do the same with another feature
- but : I can do feature->geometry, but feature->geometry->geometry give me "Access violation - no RTTI data!"
- and if I add updateExtents + commitChanges to save my layer, and try to do the same again, the feature->geometry->geometry leads to a mini dump

Anyone to explain to me what's going on ?

Thanks for the answer,

Christophe Gusthiot