[Qgis-developer] setting QgsMapCanvas size, for testing map tools

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Jun 30 14:14:34 PDT 2016

Maybe I've missed something here, but doesn't the canvas resize method
set the canvas pixel size? This behaves as expected when run
standalone from a python prompt.

from qgis.core import *
from qgis.gui import *
app = QgsApplication([],True)
canvas = QgsMapCanvas()
canvas.show()
canvas.resize(1000,200)
canvas.resize(1000,1000)

Note the map canvas has no parent, so just appears on its own at the
specified size.

Or maybe I've missed a point....