[Qgis-developer] QGIS for optical fibers

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Mar 3 01:47:47 PST 2016

On 02-03-16 17:16, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all,
> is anybody aware of an application of QGIS to the planning, design, and
> management of optical fibre networks?
> I have find this:
> http://www.comsof.com/blog/planning-fttx-networks-with-qgis
> which appears to have a QGIS plugin to manage an external program.
> Anybody knows more?

Sorry, I see this now.

FYI: I created that plugin some years ago. It has been in their own
private repo for some time and in my github repo untill very recently.

It was actually a pretty light plugin: all button bars which actually
called via cli their java programs which then did calculations, created
shapes, which were saved in a standard directory which were then loaded
by QGIS.

Not sure what the status is now, but there was no network-calculation or
whatsever in the plugin itself.

Regards,

Richard