[Qgis-developer] Fwd: GSOC 2016

sarthak agarwal sarthak0415 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 03:59:35 PST 2016

Hello devs,

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 3:11 AM, Ujaval <ujaval at gmail.com> wrote:

The GRASS algorithms for Processing Toolbox are here
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/python/plugins/processing/algs
>
> Firstly, thank you for the reply Ujaval.

I did some changes and recompiled the code but the same error still
persists.
After doing some reading and research I came to know the processing toolbox
do not support optional parameters (please correct me if I am wrong).

Then i thought of deleting this line from the code:link
<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7/description/v.reclass.txt#L5>
and recompiled it, but different from expected I still get the
argument (coloumn
name ) drop-down box in v.reclass function. Attached is the screenshot of
the option whose corresponding line is deleted.

Can you help me with that. :)

> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 1:17 PM, sarthak agarwal <sarthak0415 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello devs,
>>
>> Myself Sarthak currently working under Dr. KS Rajan as a research student
>> in Spatial Informatics Lab, IIIT hyderabad . I am currently working in
>> spatial databases by optimizing the performance of mongoDb for spatial
>> databases. Previously i have worked on Billboard placement optimization
>> problem(using QGIS) and with pgRouting as a part of my previous GSOC
>> project. I regularly use QGIS for my research work as well.
>>
>> I am an open source enthusiast and likes to contribute to our osego
>> community. I am interested in working with QGIS as a part of GSOC project.
>>
>> Also I would like to participate in this years GSOC program under QGIS.
I saw the list of the projects and found them really interesting.

The first 3 are based on processing toolbox on which I am currently working
on and I am enjoying working on them and the last one is on importing OSM
data which was my last year’s GSOC project so it will be easy for me to
start working on it.

Please tell me your opinion on my interests and help me with choosing the
project.

And also could you provide me with some reading material so that I could
proceed in the same direction.

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
Sarthak

Lately I was trying work on processing toolbox to reclassify some of the