[Qgis-developer] Processing algorithms and API breaks

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Mon Mar 7 01:05:47 PST 2016

Hi,

I once improved an algorithm but rolled it back afterwards because of [1]
So I fear that users become frustrated easily if things break every now
and then which has further disadvantages:
1) QGIS (processing) is perceived as being unreliable
2) there will be tickets to be coped with addressing these issues

Nevertheless I would vote in favor of the "aggressive approach" but this
has to be clearly communicated.

Bernhard

[1] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13502