[Qgis-developer] Usability of searches
cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Mar 9 02:11:49 PST 2016
perhaps I'm missing something, but I find usability of current search
mechanism a bit cumbersome. AFAICT, to search a set of features, the
* select on the legend the layer to be searched
* open the attribute table
* select the Column filter button, selecting one column
* insert the condition
* click Apply
* click on Zoom to selection.
Alternatively, one can use the Select by expression tool.
Is there a more straightforward way?
I would suggest a simpler mechanism:
* click on a dedicated Search button
* select the layer to be searched from a dropdown of the layers in legend
* show a form (with the dropdowns etc., as defined for the layer) where
the user can select or type (with autocompletion and automatic selection
of ranges) the search criteria
* automatically zoom to selected items.
* add a Search entry for each layer, besides the Filter one, in the
legend > Right click.
Would this make sense?
All the best.
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS & PostGIS courses: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html
More information about the Qgis-developer