[Qgis-developer] Usability of searches

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Mar 9 03:22:47 PST 2016

Hi Paolo,

I wouldn't say it is bad usability that you have to go through the
attribute table to search for features - because usually you want to see
the results in the table or form anyway - or you want to do something
with the filtered or selected features - such as viewing or modifying
their attributes.

For QGIS 2.16, Nyall will work on the multi-attribute editor and there
will also be search directly from multiple attributes in the form. So
there is already work going on for improving search from the form with
multiple attributes. If you have any input on that, please tell us.ยจ

Andreas