[Qgis-developer] Usability of searches

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Mar 11 00:24:30 PST 2016

I was going to recommend Denis' QuickFinder plugin.

It doesn't work with zero configuration (as Paolo expects it), but is
quite easy to configure and also flexible.

Andreas

On 2016-03-11 08:58, Yves Jacolin wrote:

> On Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:16:06 Régis Haubourg wrote: Paolo Cavallini wrote
>
> Does anyone have a good example of the UX from other software we could
> adhere to?
> The best UI for search is the simplest.. Google does that well :). A simple
> text widget, and filtering options in the results (facets / coloring) is
> enough I think. All the intelligence must be in the indexing full text
> search engine IMHO, not in the UI.
> Why not a bar, just like command line bar of Processing + a shortcut to
> raise it ?
 Régis, All,

QuickFinder does it like this. Denis is the main author of this plugin.

It can plug to osm, internal layer and GeoMapfish. You can even add more
search
engine to it.

Y.