[Qgis-developer] Announcing planned changes on the developer list

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Mar 11 02:41:07 PST 2016

Hi Nathan,

There wasn't any list. The list was just a proposal.

The list would have the advantage that one could have a good overview
without having to dig through the e-mail archive. Imagine you, as a
developer or a customer of a developer, are absent 2-3 weeks. In that
case you probably don't read all mails in the dev mailing list and such
a list would be convenient.

But it was decided that a simple announcement on the mailinglist is good
enough (less bureaucracy). It is still recorded in the mailing-list
archive. If the subject of the mail would have a meaningful or maybe
even standardized title, it would be easy to find.

Or maybe: if the subject of the mail is standardized, such a list could
even be generated automatically ;-)

Andreas