[Qgis-developer] share plugins (English required)

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 06:12:13 PST 2016

Hi all,

within a project at the university, students of mine developed QGIS
plugin to work with cadastral data in Czech exchange format (VFK). We
would like to publish the plugin in QGIS plugins repository.

One of conditions says "supports English language". The plugin is
currently in Czech language. My question is: do we need to rewrite all
messages to English even the plugin is useful only in Czech Republic.
Sure, there can be people which do not speak Czech and need to work
with VFK format (GDAL supports this format). We will probably do
transition to English in the future anyway (but not now). Or it's
enough to write metadata in English and keep plugin in Czech? Then we
could publish plugin within few days (users asking us for that).

Thanks for clarification, Martin

[1] https://plugins.qgis.org/

--
Martin Landa