[Qgis-developer] QgsFeatureRendererV2.symbolForFeature() in 2.14 - how many arguments?

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Sat Mar 12 02:02:21 PST 2016

I am struggling with QgsFeatureRendererV2.symbolForFeature().
QgsFeatureRendererV2.symbolForFeature(QgsFeature) does not throw an error,
but the API docs say that is deprecated. The non-deprecated syntax is listed
as QgsFeatureRendererV2.symbolForFeature(QgsFeature, QgsRenderContext).
However, in my case, that throws "TypeError:
QgsFeatureRendererV2.symbolForFeature(QgsFeature): too many arguments".

Am I doing something wrong? My use of this is here:

https://github.com/tomchadwin/qgis2web/blob/master/utils.py#L205

I'm also not getting the overall results I want from this if I use the
deprecated syntax, so I'm getting nowhere at the moment.

Oh, and both deprecated and current syntaxes say "To be overridden" in the
docs, but I don't know what that means.