[Qgis-developer] QgsFeatureRendererV2.symbolForFeature() in 2.14 - how many arguments?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 02:29:00 PST 2016

On 12 March 2016 at 21:12, Tom Chadwin <tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk> wrote:
> Apologies. Just found this in the docs for the non-deprecated syntax:
> "available in Python bindings as symbolForFeature2". Grrr.
> symbolForFeature2() works with the extra argument.
>
> I still can't get my code to do what I want it to, but that's a different
> (and as-yet unknown) issue.
>
> Many apologies for the noise.

Was just about to point you that way! It's an unfortunate side effect
of the python bindings. I couldn't find anyway to keep the same name
as the c++ method without breaking existing python code which uses the
deprecated method.

In 3.0 I'll remove the deprecated method and rename the non-deprecated
one back to symbolForFeature.

Nyall