[Qgis-developer] Join us to show what QGIS can do to reduce the impacts of floods in Jakarta (April 2, 3 2016)

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Mar 14 06:16:03 PDT 2016

Hi All

I just wanted to invite the QGIS communities to join us at #floodhack2016
on April 2 and 3, 2016. You can join us either by attending in person in
Jakarta, Indonesia or by participating virtually if you are far away. If
you attend in person you can hang out with some members of the QGIS
community including core developers, plugin writers and power users! We
will be there ready to hack code, data and floods!

It is a great opportunity to use your elite QGIS skills to show how QGIS
and open spatial data can be used to reduce the impacts of floods in
Jakarta. Every year, floods have an adverse impact on thousands of lives
and the problems are an interesting exercise for spatial analysis.

If you wish to participate in person (or wish to find out more), please go
along to http://floodhack.org and register. Attendance is free  (but you
need to register) and we will provide food, power, internet access and lots
of geek stimulation as you hack for a good cause! The venue will be open
for the entire event and you are welcome to fall asleep at your keyboard,
wake up and keep hacking right through the night :-)

If you wish to hack virtually, we will be uploading the open data and links
to various open API's that you can use onto the http://floodhack.org web
site. Share your work using hashtag #floodhack2016 on your favourite social
media platform.

For your diary: The event will be held on 2 and 3 April 2016.

For your browser:  http://floodhack.org (includes venue details and
registration)

Thanks all, hope to see you showing off QGIS there!

Regards

Tim

Tim Sutton
 * Desktop GIS programming services