[Qgis-developer] Questions/Suggestion on virtual layers

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Tue Mar 15 04:15:33 PDT 2016

Hi,

On 03/03/2016 13:14, Hugo Mercier wrote:
> I'll try to look at the documentation and small usability issues listed
> in this thread soon.

Fixes for some issues discussed here are coming
(https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/2915)

About inserting double quotes around table names, I did not find how to
do with QScintilla. This would require to look for a completion without
quotes but that inserts quotes. Any QScintilla experts around ? :)

About the rowid generation for joins, it is not that easy. There is no
equivalent to the postgresql "row_number() over ()" with SQLite. I am
thinking about introducing "sequences" so that you could do "select
nextval('my_id'), ... " but that would be an incrementing value changing
each time ...