[Qgis-developer] Sanitizing plugins

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Mar 16 00:29:33 PDT 2016

Hi all,
the flow of new plugins keeps on steady, and I do my best to check and
publish them. With the growing number (over 600 now), it is practically
impossible to do any serious code analysis by hand.
I would therefore ask for a tool that scans the code for the most common
possible issues, especially related to security. This could be
integrated in the plugin web app, or a standalone tool that I can run
locally before publication.
The same tool (or a similar one) could be extended to help migrating
from py2 to py3.
Anyone has interest in doing this?
All the best.
--