[Qgis-developer] plugin translation

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 10:21:41 PDT 2016

Hi all (again),
as I'm continue to working on the translation of the plugin I've find
out a little problem.

All the DIALOG windows of the plugin are translatable (and I can easily
do that with Qt Linguist) but all the plugin MENUS (and submenus) don't
appear to be in the my_plugin_it.ts file.

All this "voices" are in the my_plugin.py file (so the main plugin file)
under the *initGui* function, for example:

self.actionProgramLocations = QAction( "&Program &Locations",
self.iface.mainWindow())

even if in the my_plugin.pro file within the i18n directory I specified
that the main file should be included: (that's my pro file):

FORMS = ../ui/*

SOURCES = ../my_plugin.py

TRANSLATIONS = my_plugin_it.ts

Am I missing something? Or should I specify more details in the .pro file?

Thanks for your time

Matteo