[Qgis-developer] QGIS PDF export options

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 07:15:57 PDT 2016

Hi!

I am completely with Andreas here.
QGIS is able to produce PDF. That should be enough. I will not repeat
the arguments brought by Andreas but rather found another piece that
fits here:

https://forum.qt.io/topic/30725/qprinter-write-password-protected-pdf/2

So if it is really necessary to create password protected PDF please
use any specific PDF tool for that.
I too don't see password protection as a "main" function in a GIS program.
I'd rather promote openness to users that do not share this view than
support their laziness to open a dedicated programm for that.

regards
Werner